Monday, March 17, 2008

Countdown to the big game


10 days till the big game - the second leg of the 2010 World Cup football qualifying game v. Barbados on the 26th. I had a chance to speak with the manager, Erickson Christopher, recently, who was upbeat about our chances. He and the team fly out on the 22nd, and are joined by the English players a couple of days later.

Remember in UK-based Richard Pacquette we have a guy who's scored against mighty European Champions Liverpool, and given his impressive goal against Barbados in the first leg, must be the biggest threat. Heartening new is that in recent friendly games Barbados have struggled to score.

The prize of course is the USA in the next game. What a way to showcase out new stadium!

2 comments:

David said...

Hello Steve,

I'm David from Manchester, England, and my wife is Dominican, and when we vist we stay on Bath Estate. This of course gives me the opportunity to watch a lot of football on the local pitch. Its a lot different in standard from that at my local stadium, Old Trafford, which is 5mins from here, but equally enjoyable. So it is with delight that I read your recent football account. Keep up the enjoyable blog.
David.

Unknown said...

Hi David, thanks for the comment - I was born in Stretford, so I'm a life-long Utd. fan ;)

I don't know if you've visited since our new stadium was opened last year, but it really is excellent.