Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Next Big Project

I thought I'd document the process you have to go through when coming up with the next killer website. Of course I can't detail everything about it just now...

This personal project was born as many are, from a eureka moment while out cycling. But the seed was planted by my Mum quite some time ago.

But as I gave it some thought, I saw the possibilities. And so I got Serious.

First question - is the concept being done at the moment? A search for the keywords behind the concept is positive - no, it's not being done.

Step 2: find the domain name. All obvious ones are taken. 2a is think of less-obvious (like, facebook.com or youtube.com are not obvious names for what the sites do).

Setback 1: Step 2 found a site quite similar to my concept. So Step 3 is: examine that site to see if my idea can still run without being a rip-off. And yes it can (the site I found is just for the US).

So it's back to Step 2, and as such I need to go cycling for more inspiration ;)

Follow this project on our corporate blog!

3 comments:

WildflowerMax said...

Steve, what is this,... the Young & REstless... TUNE IN TO SEE THE NEXT EPISODE??!!! lol lol :D

Anonymous said...

Be careful with all that thinking you've been doing. I would be really crushed if you hurt yourself. Good luck though.

Unknown said...

Hey, it's one thing long weekends can be used for!