Thursday, October 25, 2007

Our stadium


New stadium
Originally uploaded by Steve_Mc
The new sports stadium was opened last night. I stood on the Morne and looked on from a distance at the start of the ceremony. With the wind blowing inland, I could hear it as if I was there.

The best part was the playing of the national anthem. Anthems are made for playing to crowds in national stadiums. It wasn't quite 'God Save The Queen' at Wembley - polite clapping at the end rather than 100,000 roars - but it's a good tune and stirring words. Words are important in anthems - Spain, please note!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Now ... when is Manchester United playing in that new stadium?

Unknown said...

Summer tour? I've got my jersey ready if they do!

Tropical Ties said...

I have my reservations about the stadium and the cost to maintain etc ...but...it WAS a great venue for the Creole Music Festival....hope some sport does get played there one day