Monday, August 18, 2008

The Rivers


The River
Originally uploaded by Steve_Mc
It's the rivers that set Dominica apart. When I fly over somewhere like Antigua I feel rather sorry for them: all those beaches but no cool mountain rivers to plunge into when things get too hot.

There are parts of Dominica I define by a relative lack of rivers - like that 'barren' drive between Loubiere and Soufriere. Even the drish West Coast around Salisbury - so often left black by bush fires in the dry season - is punctuated by some delicious rivers like the Macoucherie.

So when the weather is hot like now I can just look at a photo like this one and feel cooler.

5 comments:

. said...

It's a pity some of them are so flat now

J said...

I must protest.. Salisbury is bordered by two rivers thank you very much.. Macooucherie, and Batali!! LOL... any ways... you are forgiven

Unknown said...

J - but that's my point, the Savannah dry but the river in between wet and nice LOL

arachesostufo said...

you live in a paradise... good luck from Padania

J said...

Stevey.. i aint even gonna respond to that.. i leave you in the hands of CAPE! :))