Monday, December 01, 2008

Dr. Who vs Sensey costume: what scared you as a child?

I was talking with a friend about being scared as a child - hiding-behind-the-sofa or under-the-bed scared. What did it for me was Dr Who - Daleks especially freaked me out (until someone pointed out you could easily escape them by going up stairs).

For my friend here in Dominica it was Mas costumes, and the way scary Sensey-costumed men would just appear in the village around Carnival time. The best - and even I agree it's is a bizarre and spine-chilling image - was 'The Man Who Wore a Termite Nest on his Head While Playing an Accordion'. Apparently, villagers would hear his eerie dirge long before they saw him, which only added to the fear factor.

1 comment:

Adam StJohn Lawrence. said...

Sorry Steve, bad news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BuWFXYcDk4

Cheers

Adam